Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester
Winter Break Family Israel Trip
December 25, 2019 to January 2, 2020
Join Rabbi Jaffe, Cantor Sternlieb and 40 (and counting) of your Temple Beth El friends and neighbors on this extraordinary trip for both explorers and deepeners. From Jerusalem to Tel Aviv to the Negev Desert.
- Visit Ancient Jerusalem: the Old City, City of David Excavations, Western Wall, Jewish Quarter, Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Explore Modern Jerusalem: Machane Yehuda Open Air Market, Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, Israel Museum, Har Hertzl National Monument
- Spend Shabbat with Host Israeli Community Including Home Hospitality for Shabbat Dinner, Group Service at Promenade Overlooking the Old City, Celebrate Chanukah in Israel
- Tour Masada, the Dead Sea and Tel Dan National Park
- Get the Full Kibbutz Experience, Including an Eco-Friendly Bee Farm, Wine and Chocolate Tasting
- Summit the Syrian Border and Meet with Soldiers, Journalists and Experts on Israel’s Political Situation
- Tour the Mystical City of Sfat, Home to Kabbalah, Meet with Local Artists and Artisans.
- Take in the Bustling Metropolis of Tel Aviv, City Center, Sarona Market, Old Jaffa, Weismann Institute, Street Graffiti Tour (with Plenty of Free Beach Time)
- Do Good: Participate in an Archeological Dig, Visit and Deliver Donations to Free Cardiac Clinic for Patients from Developing Countries, Meet the Residents of Yad LeKashish, Which Empowers Low Income Elderly Through Training and Meaningful Work Opportunities
As we have already reached our initial capacity, additional participants will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested, please promptly notify Rabbi Jaffe at jjaffebethelnw.org.
Total Cost: $3569 Land Package Price Per Person + Airfare